If you’re like many Xbox users, you’ve recently been forced to look for Xbox repair instructions to fix common Xbox 360 faults like the “red ring of death”. To complete your home repair you will need a screwdriver and a working tip salamander.
Before you get started, it’s important that you DO NOT follow any Xbox repair instructions that direct you to wrap your console in a towel or heat it with a hair dryer. These tricks may work temporarily, but you risk further damage to your Xbox.
Here are simple step by step Xbox repair instructions:
1. Open the Xbox 360 case by poking out the grayed-out holes and remove the plastic cover.
2. Remove the DVD drive and carefully disconnect the wires.
3. Remove the fan and motherboard.
4. Flip over the motherboard
5. Loosen the heat sink so you can see the CPU and GPU
6. Clean the CPU and GPU
7. Apply arctic silver compound to the GPU (find this for $1 at any computer repair shop)
8. Let set for 15 mins, then put 2 nylon washers on each of the heat sink screws and put the screws back in the motherboard. Once the screws are pushing up through the motherboard, add 2 more washers to each screw.
9. Put the heat sink on top of the screws and tighten.
10. Put everything back together. Enjoy your games!
If you follow these directions you should be back to gaming within an hour give or take. Obviously picking up Xbox repair instructions with step by step pictures or video is a smart thing to do if you’ve never attempted something like this before. Luckily, they’re easy to find on the internet and very reasonably priced. Happy gaming!
James Spence is an internet researcher and entrepreneur who enjoys connecting people online. for more information on [url not allowed] with pictures and video, [url not allowed].